We all love pizza night, but why not make Make Your Own? Using ingredients from University Square Bakery and Deli, we're tossing the order out and stepping into the kitchen to put our own spin on night!
- Pizza dough
- Pantene tomato paste (To make your pizza sauce, mix together the tomato paste, water, and olive oil. Option to add garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, basil, and rosemary)
Punch down dough into pan. Don't have a "typical" pan? Not to worry! It can be circle or rectangle. Just be sure it's big enough to spread the dough so your pizza isn't too thick. Don't have a big enough pan? Split the dough in half and spread on two small pans.
Don't forget to add oil, cooking spray, or butter to the bottom of the ban to ensure your pizza doesn't stick while cooking!
Spread sauce over dough, followed by layer of mozzarella. A fan of cheese? Be generous!
Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare to cook pizza anywhere from 15-25 minutes depending on how thick it is. A good sign that it's ready? The crust will be slightly browned!
Depending on your taste, keep in mind you can put anything on pizza... even pineapple! But here are some suggestions from University Square Bakery and Deli:
- Prosciutto (Tip: lay these slices on after you take the pizza from the oven)
- Buffalo chicken
- Pastene pitted black olives
- Pastene fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Molisana fire red roasted peppers
- Molisana hot mushrooms in oil
- Molisana hot sliced peppers
- R.M. marinated artichoke heart
After you've thrown together some of your favourite pizza toppings, add a few fresh basil leaves on top if you have them! You won't regret it!
Connect with University Square Bakery & Deli on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Subscribe to the University Square Bakery & Deli newsletter here.