Feeling like you're eating the same things, week after week? Let's mix things up and Make Your Own breakfast croissants - quick, easy, and the variety you're craving!
Here are a couple of options to mix into your morning routine:
BAKED BREAKFAST CROISSANT
- Cheddar cheese (slices)
- Deli ham (slices)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut croissants in half and place bottom halves on a baking sheet. Layer one slice of ham and one slice of cheddar cheese on each croissant.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a greased pan or skillet (medium-high heat). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once eggs look mostly cooked, stir in shredded mozzarella cheese until melted and combined, then finish cooking the eggs to your preference.
- Top the ham and cheese on the croissants with a large scoop of scrambled eggs. Put the top halves of the croissants on and bake for 10 minutes or until cheddar cheese is melted and croissants are toasted.
You can either serve these croissants immediately OR allow them to cool completely before wrapping individually in plastic wrap and freezing. To reheat for another morning, place on a paper towel and microwave for one minute or until heated through.
ITALIAN BREAKFAST CROISSANT
- Salami (sweet or hot slices)
- Mortadella (slices)
- Provolone (slices)
For those need-to-be efficient mornings, channel your inner-Italian and choose this simple yet completely classic breakfast. Slice your croissants in half, add slices of salami, mortadella, and provolone (however much or little that serves your preference), and enjoy!
Connect with University Square Bakery & Deli on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Subscribe to the University Square Bakery & Deli newsletter here.